I tried to post this yesterday.
But blogger kept stealing my pictures.Here are fresh blackberries.
This is the blender I tried to wear out yesterday.I had over a gallon and 1/2 to do.This is the pulp I had to strain.This is cheese clothe ,It gets very messy too!!!I had to measure the juice to know how much sugar to add. I had 8 and 1/2 cups of juice.So added 11 cups of sugar.
I also added 2 boxes of fruit pectin.Recipe says to cook 5 minutes at a full boil.... I like mine thicker ,so I cook it for 15 extra minutes.(watch or it will boil over).I then pour into hot 1/2 pint jars.Place hot flats and rings on jar and let cool and seal.
This makes it worth all the chiggers and ticks and snakes.13,1/2 pints of jelly for winter.
What I didn't show was the The cheese clothe broke and squirted me with juice/berry seeds.
I also had to clean the stove top and burner where the juice cooked over. I had just mopped my floor and had to re-mop it before I was done. But it was all in a days work. I'm going in a few minutes to pick more berries. I love doing things like this and have picked for years. I really like that they are free for the taking.(Ask permission first).Hubby wants a cobbler to eat, and I want more jelly so its off to pick I go.
Everyone take care, and God bless.